Wednesday, October 11, 2017

West Baldy to Crossover Trail

Addie had fall break so we took the opportunity to take her up to Alpine via Big Lake to see the fall colors!  We stopped at White Mountain Donuts for breakfast (yes, we did get donuts!).  We can't go through Show Low without stopping to eat here!
After brunch, we headed straight for the West Baldy Trail!  We wanted to take it to the Crossover Trail since we had already done it from the East side.
 The fall colors were stunning!  
 I gave Addie my old phone to use as a camera.  I even downloaded a picture editor for her.   She LOVED taking pictures!  Now Papa has to wait for two people taking pictures of everything!
I'm like "squirrel!"  I can't just stay on the trail when there's so much to explore!
It might have been about a mile and a half in until we got to the Crossover Trail.  It wasn't as green as when we were here in September but the fall colors well made up for it!
Tracks!
Addie begged, "Nana, please can I put my feet in the water!"  I think she has fond memories of when we played in the river over the summer.  I told her it was going to be cold!  It was.  Ha!
We had dinner at Fox Fire and strung lights on our little camper.
We didn't have time to go set up camp anywhere so we stayed where we store our camper.  It was great except it was super windy that night and those dang lights kept banging around!  LOL!
September vs October

No comments: